Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One day week

Becuase of advisment day we only have one class this week, which is really unfortunate becuase I feel like I could use some drawing time! Last week I felt off with my drawings. I was having a hard time with some proportions and things where not looking right. I guess some times your hand just does not want to listen to your brain. =) One good thing is this gives me some extra time to work on my skelliton. I have some work to do on the back still. It is coming along fairly well though. I think by the end of the semester I will feel satisfied with it.
Although I have a way to go with anatomy I already feel like this class is helping me understand how muscles structure works on physical forms. At least it gets me thinking about it when I start a drawing of anything now. I think once I rap my head around shoulders and legs my drawings will start coming out more true to form.


Drawing of Hawk for printmaking:

2 comments:

  1. Cool Hawk! You should add some details in its mouth. Also think about darkening the lines where you want the focal point to be. Its cool how every drawing relates a lot to what can be learned from life drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hawk too. I am wondering if it is a finished piece or in-progress piece. I think maybe since the hawk is 3D the other objects should be too...? Maybe making the piano keys 3D instead of flat might help unify the piece. Overall it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete