Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Arms and Hands

This week was fun and challenging! I enjoyed the hand drawings we did and it was interesting to explore the different challenges that come up with drawing a skeleton hand and a hand with flesh and muscle. I thought drawing the skeleton hand was easier to accomplish then the hand of the model. With the hand of the model you have to visualize not only where the bones are but what the muscles are doing underneath the skin. I am not saying either one was easy for me, just that the skeletel hand was simpler to understand  =).
Once you understand where the arm muscles are located it is easier to draw them in. They flow together nicely and it is not hard to visualize them and fit them into each other. That being said I still have a ways to go with my work, but things are slowly coming along. I think my biggest weakness is still my contour lines! I think next time in class I will force my self to put a lot of them in. I tend to shy away form them because I cant quite get them to look as they should ha. UGH!

Here are my drawing for the week!

Model Hand

Skeletal Hand

Arm Work
Arm Work

1 comment:

  1. Really nice hand drawings! The arm is pretty awesome as well but it looks like you drew the muscles inside of the border of the arm. This sort of flattens the arm so I would let the muscles show more on the outline.

    ReplyDelete