Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Skull!

We started drawing the skull this week! I think the skull is not as simple as it first appears to be. It is very easy to end up with a drawing that looks a little too cartoon like. I shied away from filling in the eye sockets with black in order to not give my skull that flat look. I wanted to put in contour lines but was a bit unsure what they should be doing. I also tried to not make the eye sockets to large, but I failed with my first try =). It is strange that even when you think you know what your doing your sub-conscious can still take over and trick you! I ended up having to reduce the size of my eyes twice and I also had to make my skull over all size larger and longer with all three drawings. I wanted to make it more round than it actually is. It was difficult to draw but very helpful at the same time. 

3/4 Front

Profile

3/4 Back

No comments:

Post a Comment