Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HELLO
It has been along time sense I posted and I apologize for not keeping up with my blog post last week! I went to Monterrey California over spring break to visit my boyfriend  at Graduate school. It was nice to get away from the Minnesota/Wisconsin/Midwest area. The weather was really nice and it was a very beautiful area. After our break Luke came back and stayed here in Menominee with me. I am sure it was not as exciting of a break for him as it was for me. I am going to be staying there over the summer so it was nice to get a feel for it.
 Getting back to drawing, the past few weeks we did some work on feet and shoulder blades. The feet were very difficult in some poses and a lot easier to understand in others. Like Amy said in class if you are going to draw feet in a drawing or painting you care about there are certin angles that just dont work well.
I understand how the shoulder blades work fairly well but it is also a challenge. I think the hardest thing to do is visualize what they are doing when the arms are extended forward on the body. When I did my hour long pose I struggled with getting the top front of the shoulder blade to look correctly.

Here are some of the drawings I did from the past few weeks of class:







2 comments:

  1. Your feet drawings are really looking nice. Be careful with the bottom one that you don't start getting sausage toes.

    Your top drawing looks good. I like the attention to the shoulder muscles. The proportions are looking a little off. The head seems a little too big and I think the torso looks slightly off because the breasts are too high. But it has a great start. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice job on posting your stuff. I like the feet in the third drawing the best. The angles and everything just works. I agree with Allie about the top drawing. Keep in mind that the head is a little smaller than the pelvis which is a little smaller than the rib cage Keep working hard.

    ReplyDelete