Sunday, February 27, 2011

This week I really enjoyed doing the hour long pose. We have done short drawings all semester long so when it was time to do a longer pose at first I was feeling a little intimidated. An hour seems so long compared to what we normally do in class. Once I started drawing it ended up going by very fast however. It was nice to not feel rushed to draw the body parts as fast as I could. I feel more comfertable when I have time to really get every line right, or at least attempt to. It was also nice to have time to make mistakes and correct them by erasing. I felt like this drawing really helped me figure out a few things I have been geting worng. Like the space between the rib cage and the pelvick bone. I have been making it alot longer then it truly is in real life. I picture it being a long area but really there is not a big gap there. Also it was helpful to work on contoure lines a bit more. I have had a hard time figuring out conture lines. It seems as though they switch there direction on a givin body part.
 I also feel like my skeletal model is starting to come along now. I keep making my muscles a little too small, but bringing the models into class and having them checked over gives me a chance to fix my mistakes. Its tough to mentally see a three dimensional view of the muscles from looking at the book. I do think I am improving slowly though.

Hour Drawing

Hour Drawing

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the space between the rib cage and the pelvic bone being tricky, I struggle with that area a lot too, it is very deceiving because you expect it to be longer! Nice job with so many of the contour lines, those really help with observing the surfaces and curves, I think everybody enjoyed the hour time frame! I also like that you made some of the main areas we are studying right now very distinct, especially the muscle in the leg, nice job overall!

    ReplyDelete