Sunday, February 6, 2011


     Its time for my 2nd post! Its late Sunday night and it has been along day of homework. I feel like the day ended as soon as it began. I started my first assignment for our skeletal models with out realizing how time consuming it would end up to be. I find the study of the body very interesting and was hoping that sculpting it out would not be overly challenging. That did not seem to be the case for me once I tried to start this assignment. I looked and looked at the examples in the book but I just could not quit rape my head around where each muscle is attaching and how they look from every angle. This is going to be a challenge for me! I decided it was a good idea to go ahead and pay the 17.50 (I think it was) for visible body.com. I took a peek at it yesterday just to get a feel for what it was. I think it will end up being very helpful for me sense the book was not quit doing it for me. I like that you can hide different muscles to isolate exactly which ones you want to focus on. It took me more time to look in the book and on the site than it did to carve out my clay muscles and unfortunately I think it shows. I have an idea of what it should look like and I think what I ended up with is not quite there. I guess I need work on visualizing the body! My muscles ended up looking very flat and not very realistic. I also think I needed to rap the muscles around each other more by the neck. I might have to make another go at the back area. I think this is really going to be a challenge for me, but hopefully I will come out with better skills and a better understanding of anatomy. 


Here is what I came up with -.-







1 comment:

  1. Hey. That street art graffiti thing is pretty sweet! I am really quite envious of your trip to japan. I have always wanted to go there and go to a game design convention. Your clay model is looking pretty good. I think you may have forgotten one muscle that attaches right above the pelvis. keep at it! ...oh and my blog is http://www.smudgepit.blogspot.com/ not the one amy has listed.

    ReplyDelete