Sunday, February 13, 2011

   Any one else hating winter, darkness, and all things that involve small mid-west towns? Sorry if you love snow and Menominee's enduring (?) quality's (?)... but I think I personally might be losing my mind.
Got to love it though. =D
    We are getting further into the semester now and I feel like I am getting more of a feel for life drawing. Understanding the body is an amazing thing. I admit I have a hard time slowing down with our drawings, but I think I am improving. I try to get a good look at the model before I  replicate what there body is doing. I feel more comfertable painting then drawing, some thing about it feels more free, more forgiving maybe. I could even go so far as to say soothing =). On the other hand drawing is a very intense thought process and it feels very unforgiving at times. I think I will get more and more comfertable with it as time goes on. To be good at anything takes a lot of practice, and I  have not put enough time into drawing to be able to say that I am a well accomplished and comfortable drawer. Not yet anyway.
   My skeletal model is finally looking better. I redid a lot of the back. It took me some time to finish the abs and glut muscles. I was avoiding it and finally had to just turn on some tunes and concentrate on it. There are always oh so many distractions! I feel like it looks fairly convincing and am happy with it for now. 

Here are a bunch of photos I needed to catch up on:






Here are a few more of my model:








2 comments:

  1. I agree that painting is less worrysome than drawing and more forgiving and soothing, i like that! also, how do you like the visiblebody website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool drawings! Those rib cages on the third drawing look super accurate. I feel like the cross contour drawings are pretty well done as well but you could try making them a little bit lighter compared to the lines of the rib cage and pelvis. As for the quick gestures, I think you should definitely worry more about lining up the rib cage and pelvis before drawing the hands, legs, feet, head, etc.
    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete